The Project roads are approximately 50 km long in total and are located within the Kisii and Nyamira districts, Nyanza province primarily involved construction of a new road to bitumen standard.
The project road traversing through a terrain that is predominantly hilly consisted of three sections in a rich agricultural hinterland which is heavily populated. The road crosses 6 rivers.
Major works executed;
- Construction of Earthworks – 1,531,284 m3
- Cement improved gravel for sub-base and base – 282,539 m3
- Provision of a double surface dressing using 14/20mm and 6/10mm pre-coated class 4 chippings for both the carriageway and shoulder – 8,898 m3
- Concrete Works – 6,251 m3
- Construction of Concrete Structures including 3 No. new bridges and 5 No. box culverts