The Project road was approximately 38 km in length, located in Homa Bay County. It started at Kendu Bay at the shores of Lake Victoria, it also took a south easterly course upto Homa Bay town lakeshore.
The works comprised of construction of two lane single carriageway bitumen sealed road.
Major works executed;
- Construction of Earthworks – 942,536 m3.
- Cement improved gravel for sub-base and base -155,650 m3.
- Dense Bitumen Macadam 100mm – 40,000 m3.
- Provision of a double surface dressing using 14/20mm and 6/10mm pre-coated class 4 chippings for both the carriageway and shoulder – 9,790 m3.
- Concrete Works – 4,694 m3.
- Construction of Concrete Structures including 17 No. box culverts.