Founded in 1951, H Young & Co. (E.A.) Ltd has worked on many projects across the East African region. We boast a diverse portfolio comprising: energy, petroleum, agro processing, telecommunications, ports and marine, mining, building, cement, and infrastructure development. Our projects are spread across various locations in East Africa. These projects have not only helped grow local economies, but also improved the quality of life for communities and people in the region.
No matter how challenging a project, H Young & Co. (E.A.) Ltd can handle it. We have more than 63 years building experience in the region and continue to consistently deliver an unmatched combination of knowledge, skill, experience, and customer commitment.
Quality Control and Quality Assurance are major components of our service delivery and are supported by our state of the art civil works and fabrication laboratories. Further, sound financial backing has enabled us to consistently deliver on all client projects, year on year out. Some of our signature projects include:
In 2014, we had revenues of US$ 70m and new contract awards valued at US$ 120m
As H Young & Co (E.A.) Ltd, we seek to be recognised as East Africa’s Premier Engineering Construction and Infrastructure Company. We further seek to create long-term shareholder value via unmatched service delivery to our customers, for whom infrastructure quality, efficiency and reliability is a must. We aim to do this through:
- Concentrating on our core business as an integrated engineering construction company.
- Providing total project leadership by leveraging our key construction competences and applying well tailored solutions for our diverse customers.
- Recruiting, nurturing and developing our employees as a key pillar of our competences.
H Young & Co (E.A.) Ltd is a limited private company. It is run by a board of directors, comprised of experienced professionals responsible for guiding the business and establishing strategies for future growth.
H Young & (E.A.) Ltd has a senior team of managers whose collective experiences and expertise ensures successful project execution time after time.
[meet-my-team cols=”4″ show_groups=”” debug=’true’ disable_modal_centering=’true’]
H Young & Co (E.A.) Ltd is committed to excel in HSE management and conduct all activities in a responsible manner, free from recognized hazards. We enforce this by:
- Respecting the environment, health and safety of our employees, customers, suppliers and neighbouring community.
- Complying with applicable environment, Health and safety laws and regulations
- Continuous improvement of our HSE management systems, pollution prevention practices and safety programs
All our sites have a signed copy of this document posted strategically and guided by it we meet all our obligations listed under “OUR AIM IS ZERO HARM”
To guarantee 100% client satisfaction, we have invested in modern equipment. We own and operate in excess of 1,200 units of plant & equipment (780 units are front line pieces). These include:
- Earthworks – All heavy machinery involved in excavation, drilling, carting away, back filling, leveling and compaction.
- Concrete – Concrete batching, concrete handling – pumps/ dumpers, trans-mixers.
- Asphalt – Crushing plant, asphalt processing plant.
- Construction Aids – Transportation, cranes, Generators, Compressors, scaffolding, pumps, tanks and general maintenance equipment.
Our storage and garage yard (approx. 850,000 sq. meters) stores our main equipment, support workshop, fleet management system, concrete block making plant, concrete batching plant, as well as the parking yard (10,500 sq.) for our heavy equipment and project materials. NB: All equipment is thoroughly checked and repaired prior to release to job site.
For our complete list of H Young owned Plant & Equipment, please click on this link to download