KENYA NATIONAL HIGHWAYS AUTHORITY
BARABARA PLAZA-JKIA, OFF AIRPORT SOUTH ROAD
ALONG MAZAO ROAD OPPOSITE AVIATION HOUSE
P O BOX 49712 – 00100 NAIROBI, KENYA
(US$ 107,333,867.20) (€ 97,233,264.90)
The project involves the design and construction under EPC FIDIC form of contract of the following components: Kipevu Road (access Road to Mombasa Port), Railway Bridge, Facilities for NMT, motorcycles, motorized tricycles and footbridge, Gate canopy and its associated works from Gate 18 to Changamwe Roundabout.
H Young scope of work included:-
- Construction of 2 additional lanes, each 3.5m wide to an existing 4 lane dual carriageway Concrete surfaced road of approximate length of 1.2 Km. inclusive of an extra 200 metres stretch inside the existing port boundary.
- Construction of 1.5m footpath on either side of the dual carriageway
- Construction of 2.5m lane for non-motorized and motorized cycles and three wheel tricycles on either side of the dual carriageway
- Street lighting and relocation of services including main oil pipeline from the Kipevu Jetty, water, sewer and communication
- Length of Road – 133km Road
- Earthworks – 2,600,000m3
- Subbase and base – 595,000m3
- Asphalt Concrete – 45,000m3
- Rock Fill – 60,000m3
- Concrete Works – 17,200m3
- Box Culverts – 13 No new between Km 79 – km 92.2.
- Total Cumulative length – 500m