Construction of Ngong Road – Kibera – Langata Road Link (ML12) Road
KENYA URBAN ROADS AUTHORITY
BARABARA PLAZA-JKIA, OFF AIRPORT SOUTH ROAD
ALONG MAZAO ROAD OPPOSITE AVIATION HOUSE
P.O BOX 41727-00100
Construction of 4.2 km dual carriageway and service roads linking two main roads to bitumen standard 150mm DBM and 150mm AC type 1 as detailed below:-
- Relocation of services (Water and sewerage)
- Construction of earthworks and 300mm thick Improved Subgrade
- Laying of 175mm thick cement improved GCS sub-base layer
- Laying of 150mm thick DBM base layer
- Laying of 50mm and 25mm thick asphalt concrete type I surfacing to carriageway and footpath respectively.
- Construction of pipe culverts, structures, and other drainage works
- Provision of drainage and soil erosion protection works (scour checks, stone pitching, grassing to slopes)
- Oil pipeline protection Works 560m3.
- Earthworks – 386,000m3
- Rock fill – 15,000m3
- Concrete Works incl. U drains, sewer works – 2,500 m3
- Major Structures incl. Box culverts, Retaining wall and Bridges (Southern Bypass Bridge 32M span) – 6,575m3, reinforcement bars 650 ton) – grouted stone pitching – 3500m2 and gabions 2000m3.
- Culverts – 450,600& 900mm Dia (precast with concrete surround) – 1,300 LM
- GCS Subbase 150mm – 14,000m3
- DBM Base 100mm – 9,400m3
- Asphalt Concrete – 4,700m3
- Kenya Pipeline oil Pipes (protection works of roads crossings) – 3 Locations
- Overpass Bridge: 2 Span; 60 Meters comprising of Piles, Piers, Aburtments, precast beams and bridge deck. Concrete Volume 1,200m3.
- Abutment at River Bridge: 17 meters high comprising Aburtments, Couterfort walls, piers and foundation: concrete Volume 920m3
- Retaining wall 210 meters long by 300mm thick involving excavation in hardrock: Concrete Volume 2,300m3. Rock breaking 1,920m3
- Overpass Box Frame 1 span: Concrete Volume 550m3
- 2 Nos. Box culverts 60 m span each concrete Volume 1,320m3.