Construction of Sondu Miriu Hydro Power Project
||KES 2.2 BILLION (US$ 33 Million)
- Construction of a 60MW (2 x 30MW) Power Station that involved a run-of-river scheme transferring the water of the Sondu River to Kano Plains through a headrace tunnel, penstock and power station to harness a water head of some 200 metres.
- Open cut excavation and concrete works for the 3.00m diameter steel penstock line (approximately 1,000m) that leads the water into the power station
- Construction of reinforced concrete power house building
- Construction of switchyard and 11 kV distribution line.
- Excavation and concrete lining of outlet channel (approximately 4,000m), long with inspection road and drainage structures, that directs water back to the river
- Construction of the Intake for the hydropower project including remaining river diversion works
- Earth works ————————— 460,000m3
- Cement stabilized gravel ———- 40,000m3
- Concrete works ———————- 60,000m3
- Reinforcement ———————– 2,100 tons
- Formwork —————————- 98,000m2
- Fencing ——————————- 12,500m