|Client||MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA ELECTRICITY GENERATING COMPANY LTD|
|Commencement date||NOVEMBER 2018|
|Completion date||NOVEMBER 2021|
|Project Value||US$ 35,663,484.35 & KES 213,414,000.00 (US$ 37,742,248.16)|
Installation of additional geothermal turbine generating unit with a Normal Continuous Rating (NCR) of 35MWe (net) at the Olkaria II Power Station including the augmentation of existing switchyard and the interconnection and modification of existing geothermal steam gathering systems. H Young & Co. (E.A) Ltd scope of work included civil, building, mechanical erection, electrical, control and instrumentation:
- Earth works 32,000 cum.
- Cast in situ bored Piles 800 nos.
- Reinforced Concrete OPC 9,000 cum.
- Supply & install P/House structural steel 400MT.
- Landscaping 28,000 sqm.
- Installation of Equipment including Turbine, Generator, Jet Condenser, Cooling tower, transformer, hot well pumps etc.
- 100% radiographed power house & steam field pressure piping to ANSI B31.1 in size up to 1200mm dia – 2,800m.
- 11,700 radiographic films.
- Installation of Armored power cabling up to size 1000sqmm – 90,000m.
- Supply and Installation of OW35 Steam well field pipes and fittings up to 900mm dia.
- Manufacture Pressure Vessel 100TPH Separator to ASME sec VIII.
Country: Kenya Operating Division: Civil Engineering Works Market: Power Generation