|Client||MITSUBISHI HEAVY INDUSTRIES/ MITSUBISHI CORPORATION CONSORTIUM FOR KENYA ELECTRICITY GENERATING CO. (KENGEN)|
|Supervising Engineer||SINCLAR KNIGHT MERZ (NOW PART OF JACOBS ENGINEERING)|
|Commence date||FEBRUARY 2008|
|Completion date||MAY 2010|
|Project Value||US$ 36.5 Million|
Installation of additional geothermal turbine generating unit with a Normal Continuous Rating (NCR) of 35MWe (net) at the Olkaria II Power Station including the augmentation of existing switchyard and the interconnection and modification of existing geothermal steam gathering systems. H Young & Co. (E.A) Ltd scope of work included civil, building, mechanical erection, electrical, control and instrumentation:
- Earth works 32,000 cum.
- Cast in situ bored Piles 800 nos.
- Reinforced Concrete OPC 9,000 cum.
- Supply & install P/House structural steel 400MT.
- Landscaping 28,000 sqm.
- Installation of Equipment including Turbine, Generator, Jet Condenser, Cooling tower, transformer, hot well pumps etc.
- 100% radiographed power house & steam field pressure piping to ANSI B31.1 in size up to 1200mm dia – 2,800m.
- 11,700 radiographic films.
- Installation of Armored power cabling up to size 1000sqmm – 90,000m.
- Supply and Installation of OW35 Steam well field pipes and fittings up to 900mm dia.
- Manufacture Pressure Vessel 100TPH Separator to ASME sec VIII.
Country: Kenya Operating Division: Civil Engineering Works Market: Power Generation