KENYA ELECTRICITY GENERATING COMPANY LTD
7TH FLOOR, STIMA PLAZA PHASE III
KOLOBOT ROAD PARKLANDS
P O BOX 47936 – 00100
||November 2019 (Commissioning date)
H Young portion – US$ 54,607,431.23
(KES 5,526,998,319) (€ 50,953,883.53)
Engineer, Procure and Construction (EPC) of Olkaria V Units 1 & 2 Geothermal Power Plant Project – Lot 2 (In consortium with Mitsubishi Corporation, Mitsubishi Hitachi Power Systems (MHPS) & H Young & Co (EA) Ltd.
A greenfield Geothermal Power Plant producing 172MW.
Works performed includes supply on an EPC (Engineering, Procurement and Construction) basis, of a Geothermal Power Plant equipped by two Turbo-Generator Units 70MW net Power each, comprehensive of Condensers, Cooling Towers, Non- Condensable Gas Extraction Systems, Powerhouse, Piling, Civil Works and all the Auxiliaries as Electrical, Instrumentation and Control Systems. Plumbing Works, heavy overhead cranes and associated building services works. Other works carparks, access roads and landscaping.
- Piling Works
- STG Building & Hotwell Pump – 510 Nos Dia 800m. Length – 18m (Total length – 9,180m)
- Workshop Building – 360 Nos Dia 800m. Length – 8m (Total length – 2,880m)
- Civil and Building Works (Excavation =60,000m3;
- Concrete = 16,500 m3; Rebar = 1775 TONS;
- Structural Steel = 1885 TONS
- Mechanical and Piping Works including assembly and installation of Steam Turbines and Generators, Condensers, NC Gas removal System and Cooling Towers
- Electrical and C&I Works -283,000m; 1,250 instruments calibrated on site)
- HVAC and Plumbing Works